Microsoft MakeCode

Best computer for coding

I’ve searching around and so far found nothing but this https://appuals.com/best-laptop-for-developers-programmers-and-coders/ should I just go ahead and get one of these? Any suggestions?

For make code? I use $100 Chromebook and it works great

I’m with Gus. Especially because you’re just getting started as a programmer, there isn’t any need to get a special computer “designed” for programming. First, there really isn’t such a thing. Second, unless you’re creating really large programs, you won’t get a whole lot of benefit from an expensive computer.

If you start moving toward some of the compute-intensive genres like 3-D modeling, then you’ll want to consider investing in a new computer. Until you outgrow your current computer, though, I wouldn’t get a new one.

Regardless of your current setup, two things that will really help when it comes to programming, especially if you’re using a laptop:

• A monitor that’s a decent size. Get the largest one that fits your budget and your desk.
  • An actual keyboard and mouse. Trackpads get annoying after a while as a programmer, and a full-sized keyboard is more comfortable to use than the cramped keyboard on laptops.

If you don’t have a computer and you’re looking to buy your first laptop or desktop, then that’s a different question. Let us know, and we’ll point you in the right direction.