Microsoft MakeCode

Adventures of Sam and Nate

Here’s a new, short game prototype I’ve been working on:

I don’t think I’m going to explain much about how it works. You should try to figure it out. You will definitely want to try the B button. (Enter on a keyboard.)

Hope you enjoy it!

4 Likes

This is great! Love the sprites and the level design

1 Like

OMG i love this, it is so cool, do you think you could choose 1p or 2p tho?

1 Like

You know, I hadn’t considered simultaneous co-op when I started working on it. I think it’d be tough in some spots when both characters aren’t on-screen at the same time… I’ll ponder it for a bit though.

maybe the last one to move gets the camera

It’s unbelievable, you actually used Arcade to make a 2 character collaboration game! It’s really amazing! The level design is also excellent. I am writing a game design course for Arcade. Please allow me to recommend and introduce your game.

1 Like

By all means! Thanks for the encouragement. I’ve got some improvements in an unreleased version… and some ideas for a new mechanic, too…

I’ll be sure to post any future versions to these forums.

love it!

1 Like

Hello! This is Dmitry, from TinkerGen STEM Education. Our company made a retro gaming console for use with Makecode Arcade, called GameGo. We have also developed a series of free online courses to help our users to get started with GameGo and learn how to make their own video games. Despite the courses are written for GameGo, there is no restriction on use with other hardware or purely in Makecode simulator.
In the course, there is a recommendation section, where we recommend some good games for students to help them learn. We want to include Adventures of Sam and Nate, a game, that you made, in recommendation section. We think it is very suitable as Demo Game for GameGo, because it fully demonstrates the characteristics of Arcade.

We hope to obtain your permission to allow us to recommend your game in the course, and use Adventures of Sam and Nate as Demo Game in GameGo. In addition, we will send you a free GameGo for you to use and create even more wonderful games. Please reach me at maslovdmitry@chaihuo.org for further communication!
@jacob_c

Sure! I’ll follow-up via email.