[Announcement] MakeCode Arcade Mini Game Jam #5 - Multiplayer Jam

Hey folks!

It’s the first Monday of the month, which means it’s time to start another Mini Game Jam! The theme for this jam is Multiplayer games! Did you know that Arcade now supports online multiplayer? It’s true! Go try it out!

For this jam, we are specifically looking for games that use the multiplayer blocks in the Controller and Info categories and are meant to be played by multiple people at the same time. Otherwise, you can make whatever you want! Competitive games, co-op games, and everything else are all fair game!

Strapped for ideas? Here are some random ones from my brain:

1. A visual novel game where everyone playing gets to vote on what choices the protagonist makes (they actually made a movie like that once)
  2. A platformer where one person plays as the main character and the others control the enemies/obstacles
  3. A collaborative art game where everyone gets a paint brush of a different color and you need to work together to paint a portrait of a pigeon in a suit with a hat

Rules

1. Games should be built in MakeCode Arcade
  2. Games should clearly adhere to the theme without the need for any extra explanation
  3. Keep the games PG: no NSFW, offensive, or excessively violent content.
  4. You must be at least 9 years old to participate.
  5. All games must be submitted by someone who is at least 13 years old. Younger students are welcome to participate, but it must be in partnership with an adult and with parent permission.

You have two weeks to enter! The jam will close at 11:59 PM PDT on Monday, November 21st 2022

Submit your games by posting them in this thread!

We’ll be playing the games on the MakeCode Arcade Advanced livestream the Friday after the jam ends. Also, all participants will get an exclusive badge on their forum profile

15 Likes

This will be great fun!!! :partying_face:

4 Likes

So are we allowed to use already made games???

1 Like

no way i’m not joining this one guys.

1 Like

@TheGreenArtist using code you’ve written before is okay, but the idea is to make new games!

1 Like

@richard Nice! I’m gonna make a makecode slam version for the game jam!

2 Likes

im stuck make one player games. let alone MULTIPLAYER games. I’m sorry but im out

2 Likes

There is a lot of forfeiting in this one :grinning:

2 Likes

Let’s go !!

4 Likes

Will there be a badge for this Mini Game Jam too?

2 Likes

Tried making a game from scratch, but it got deleted so I’m just going to put my Smash Bros remake here.

I’ve tested it online with a friend of mine.

6 Likes

Who’s ready to escape a vampire

4 Likes

not me

2 Likes

Too Big For The Both Of Us
Made this while kinda tired, still think its pretty fun though!

6 Likes

:checkered_flag: :checkered_flag:NAB A FRIEND AND GET READY TO RUMBLE!! :checkered_flag: :checkered_flag:

Pixel Kart is a 2 player racing game with (currently) 4 tracks!
This was made in the span of a weekend!

Controls are top down movement (arrow keys dumbed down)
A button to use an item

This game is pretty much still in beta! Please report any bugs!

5 Likes

Less Bugged Version!

5 Likes

Here’s my submission! It’s based off one of @richard’s game ideas in the beginning of the topic.

The player 1 controls are;
:arrow_left: key to move left, :arrow_right: key to go right, and :arrow_up: key to jump.

The player two controls are;

• Player 2 ‘A’ to fire star projectiles
  • Player 2 ‘B’ to replace certain tiles with lava
  • Player 2 ‘Up’ to place bombs at special locations
  • Player 2 ‘Down’ to slow down player 1
  • Player 2 ‘Right’ to set a wall at a special location
  • Player 2 ‘Left’ to fire a deadly projectile
7 Likes

Hey Guys I am Releasing my brand new game for this game jam called: Maze Racers.
In This Game you have to get to the end of the maze. there are 5 mazes that you can pick. have fun and good look. So far there are 2 types of places.
How To Play:

1. Get A Friend To Join You!
  2. Find The Blue Exit
  3. Every 3 seconds it will choose P1 Or P2 to have the camera so you need to duke it out to exit!!!

Link:

7 Likes

FINAL VERSION AND THE VERSION I WILL USE FOR THE MINI GAME JAM :checkered_flag:

New Update Contains:

• Tornaments (Rivet Cup, Gear Cup, Remote Cup)
  • Item Fixes
  • More Balanced Stats
  • 8 new tracks
    (Trademark by Pixel Studios Lol)
5 Likes