Converting MakeCode Arcade Project to EXE File which can be run as an emulator on a computer

How to do it so you can play your MakeCode game on emulator which can be downloaded?

1 Like

sadly no.

1 Like

what about if we make a extension to do that for us (I’m just too tired to learn how to make extensions and make the extension since of school)

2 Likes

Well the trick is that makecode and the games on it are separate entities. You need a makecode interpreter and the game file itself. I say this with no knowledge of the inner workings, but makecode appears to run on javascript, and its games are stored within the extra data of png file(Does jpeg compress extra data?). If you had an offline emulator/interpreter, it would run on javascript, be stored as a .js file, and probably run from a .html, NOT AN EXE. We actually see this supported in the chromebook app, which allows for full functionality of arcade(But obviously no cloud saving). This being said, makecode does offer the .uf2 file, which appears to be an uncompressed binary. Just taking a look at one of my files, a png that was 44kb(24 dedicated to the title), so 20kb roughly of game data compares to a uf2 that uses 536kb at least(presumably a microcontroller-compatible assembly or equivalent copy of makecode’s interpreter) and 200kb game data, 10x more in the raw, and still readable by the high-level editors. Now, makecode’s docs get really technical when they go into hardware, but I don’t see any reason, that with proper memory/input emulation, one couldn’t execute a uf2 from a modern pc. In conclusion, get a chromebook.

2 Likes

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Im getting a chromebook rightnow

Wait a minute I have 2 Chromebooks

2 Likes