Having problems with the Arcade editor!

So, I am working on a game with a lot of code, and every once in a while the editor freezes up, and when I try to reload it it deletes each and every block of code I placed. It is quite tedious and a few times I forget to save my code on my Laptop as a PNG and I have to start from an earilier point. Is there anything I can do?

1 Like

ummmmmmmmmmmm What the… thats never happened to me. no idea how to fix, sorry im just saying that sucks

What were you doing when it freezes up? Also, you should save as PNG regularly anyways, or use the GItHub integration.

1 Like

Usually I am moving a block around. Then the editor freezes up and if I reload or exit, when I come back the code is gone.

If you look in the browser console does anything give a hint?

1 Like

oh um I didn’t know that was there, I started using this like 3 months ago and I don’t know much

What I do is if the browser tab freezes, I create a new window of https://arcade.makecode.com/#editor and it would not delete any block. I don’t know if it will work on you tho.

1 Like

@TheJaky just press Ctrl + Shift + I to bring up that window and look for any changes in the red X icon and the yellow ! triangle, these signify errors and warnings, and will be printed in the console.

1 Like

you can always sign in with your microsoft account and have it auto save to the cloud

1 Like

ok, thanks for the tip!

1 Like

No problem @TheJaky! Ask any time!