I need a little help

I am making a game that has multiple maps that a player can choose from. I want each level to have a name and something unique about it. Two questions:

1. Can someone give me some ideas for maps, their names, and what makes them unique?

2. Is there any way I can make the game split-screen? I want it to be an option for two players to play and I want to make the game split-screen if the player chooses multiplayer.

1 Like

What kind of game? Platformer? I have an example that works that has different maps!
The splitscreen… Well I donr know… I had an Idea tho! If you have a jacdac cable (To connect 2 e.g meowbits) If you press a button combination your camera switches!
Here is an example I made! It fits on the meowbit and has 7 games!
(2: Cart Racer is the one with 4 different maps!)

2 Likes

Thanks. But I want the player to be able to see their character at all times. And the game is a Parkour+Shooter+Platformer kind of game

I think I can help

Makecode needs an online collaboration feature

1 Like

Thanks. And I agree, it would be quite useful

I made a petition, just waiting for approval

1 Like

They do! Its called GitHub integration - you can invite collaboraters to work on a game hosted on GitHub. When you have changes, you just commit them. Then other people can “pull” them from GitHub, so everyone has the latest copy. But this becomes a problem if multiple people are working on different things at the same time, because one commit will overwrite a different commit.

1 Like

oh
but I mean like google drive level online collaboration

1 Like

Isn’t that the same? Or do you mean Google Docs style collab? Like how it updates live?

1 Like

I think he’s referring to it updating live

Second one.

1 Like

That would be cool, except the fact that blocks would be flying everywhere.

You would probably only have it in text mode…

1 Like

:frowning: the blocks flying everywhere would be cool too though
and voice chat

1 Like

A real-time voice chat (or regular chat) would be too difficult to moderate. You would have to enter an agreement that says something like this:

MakeCode Arcade has a real-time chat, which is not moderated. We are not responsible for the content in the real-time chat. Please obtain the permission of your parents before continuing.

And that would probably drive away some people, which isn’t good.

2 Likes

ok maybe not then
but still

1 Like

Plus, a person might type mean stuff in a block, for example, a splash text block.

2 Likes

Or a comment block.

1 Like

cool a 7 in one game.

1 Like

It works on hardware too! I am proud of it! Especially the racer game! (Cart Racer) There is an AI for every map and there is 10 maps! Also thanks!

1 Like

Also! I saw you joined 2 hours ago! Welcome to the crew! Hope you have fun coding! I see more and more new people everyday! That is great!

1 Like