I’ve been playing with volume in MakeCode Arcade and had a few questions.
set volume block but there doesn’t appear to be a way to read this value, is that correct? Any plans to change this?
2. The default value in the
set volume block is
20 but this seems far quieter than the default if the volume has not been set. What is the default volume?
3. The volume in the window that pops up when you press
select on the PyGamer appears to be the same value as the one set in code, is that the case?
4. Has there been consideration of a mute feature for the devices? One that preserved the previous volume when unmuted. The simulator has this but it’s not on the runtime for the devices.
5. The simulator’s default (fixed?) volume seems really loud by default. This always surprises me on late night coding sessions. I think this is also the cause of the volume difference in this John Park recording/video (YouTube).
6. Is the game over tune at the same volume as the notes played by the application? Another example from John Park’s video (YouTube).
7. The actual perceived default volume of notes seems to have changed a fair but over different versions of MakeCode (e.g. Adafruit Forums: MakeCode Tutorials and Sound Broken). Is this now stable?