Microsoft MakeCode

Is it possible to use arrows

hey i am trying to make a dungeo game kinda like zelda. where you go trough dungeons and the weapon that you have is going to be a bow but can someone help me how to make a bow/arrows.

1 Like

If you mean the pixel art, i can try to make one and send it! but if you mean the coding on how to shoot them, you’ll have to make a projectile sprite and there should be some tutorials on the makecode youtube channel or you can look up how to make projectiles on this forum!

1 Like

@luddep1g
Perhaps if you share your game, I can take a look at what you are trying to achieve.

https://makecode.com/_9phHrdEHkdHL sorry that i took so long

When you said arrows, I thought you meant arrow keys. I know how to help with the shooting in different directions.

This is something I learned from one of the MakeCode members. I think it was @richard.
I can’t send the link since it wont let me because somebody has opened the project already. Good luck!!

Although this diverges on what @luddep1g is trying to ask…

On each of the controller ‘arrow key’ events, you could store an number in a variable such as ‘direction’. 0, 1, 2, 3 (up, right, down, left); like moving in a clockwise direction. Then in the ‘A’ button pressed event you check for those numeric values.

You are thinking with numerical values and storing them into one variable. Then on the on A button pressed block, you can do an if statement and do variable = 0, 1, 2, or 3. Depends on what they press. I think I’ve seen that method before. I’ve used it before when I was following the Sucromon tutorial and boy that took me about 2 weeks to finish. Nice and fun