Microsoft MakeCode

MakeCode Arcade Game Jam and Video Series

MakeCode Arcade Game Jam – Combined Game Released!

Hey all, starting next Monday, we’ll be hosting our own Game Jam on itch.io! We’d love it if you would sign up and submit your own game(s).

EDIT: Final game released! Head to the itch.io page to seem the combined game!

The theme is 5 second games. These games will be stitched together to form a mini-game collection, in the spirit of the WarioWare series.

For more information, you can see the blog post here, or go directly to the sign up page on itch.io here.

MakeCode Videos

We’ve been gearing up to get in the habit of making videos again. The first one, with Daryl (@darzu) and Shannon (@shakao), came out this past Friday, showing how to start creating the game Bunny Hop.

If you have any feedback, suggestions, or examples you’d be interested in seeing, please let us know!

I’m handling the one due out tomorrow, and the plan is to make an example 5 second game to help start off the contest.

2 Likes

This popped up in my YouTube feed earlier this week. Daryl and Shannon crushed it! Love putting faces and voices with names. Looking forward to seeing all of you in future videos!

2 Likes

And the next video (making a game for the game jam) is here!

3 Likes

Nice work, Joey and Richard! I really liked how you explained the differences in the template compared to a “typical” Arcade game, and I liked how you showed your thought process involved in designing a game. Also, nice example of peer programming! :slight_smile:

1 Like

The final game is released! https://makecode.com/_RH3g69egrLEM

T3UbrB

2 Likes

THAT WAS AWESOME!

So many cool and clever games! Happy to see so many developers participated!

3 Likes