Pinball Question

I am trying to create this pinball game (hope you like it - A to swing the ‘paddles’) and I have a problem. If someone holds down A, the ball can never go down the hole. Other than that, the game is finished! :video_game:

2 Likes

woah this looks so cool!

and for your problem - hmmmm could you have a variable like “pedal moving” and set it to a number. Then when the ball hits the pedal, in your Player/Bumper overlaps code, you can add another check inside your “up?” code:

1. if “pedal moving” is greater than zero AND it’s “up?”, you give the ball a vy (like you do now).
  2. If “pedal moving” is zero but it’s “up?”, maybe reduce its vy by a fraction? That way it won’t stop immediately. You might have to tweak this XD

And on update, if pedal moving is greater than zero, subtract one from it. And if A is released, change it to 0.

I haven’t actually tried this out XD maybe this would work? let me know what you think!

Thanks!

I think it’s great! I will definitely try this.

Sadly, it didn’t work. But I still added more features.

New Version -

2 Likes

By the way, hitting the ball against the bumpers (circles) give you one point. If the ball goes through the rhombus at the top (Jackpot) you get 50 points. (Hint - it is easier for the ball to go through the top of the rhombus)

more bumpers!!! yay :smiley: