Microsoft MakeCode

Pizzas, Pirates & Ninjas

A Little game I made about some of my favourite things…
arcade-Pizza-Pirates-Ninjas%20(7)

4 Likes

I love this one! It’s deceptively challenging. That speedy ninja got me every time! Nice work, @teachcreamer. Welcome to the community!

Thanks Alex! Maybe you can help, i want to make the ninjas fly from different corners of the screen. How would I go about doing this?

1 Like

Sure! From the docs:

“The sprite starts at the screen coordinate of (0, 0) unless you tell it to come from another sprite.”

I would pick a random number, then, from 1 to 4 to represent one of the four corners of the screen. Set the coordinates of the projectile based on the random number that is chosen.

You may need to restructure your logic a bit. Try something like this:

temp

I only filled in two of the corners. You’ll need to adjust the x, y, vx, and vy when adding the other two corners.

@devs: Is there a way to have Markdown render blocks dynamically here in the forums?

1 Like

You can do the embed from the share view, not sure how well it will work on here though (and I just noticed the just code version seems to now be broken too… will look into that)

Right click -> snapshot in the workspace will generate a png of the blocks with a clear background for you though

1 Like

Been meaning to ask you this, too, Joey: What do you use to create those animated GIFs? Pictures are worth 1,000 words … moving pictures are worth so much more!

I use gifox on my mac, as it was the easiest to use one I could find when I started needing to make gifs to respond to students on my class forum, but screentogif is what I’ve heard is good for windows. If I need to edit a gif (compress, shorten, etc) I just use ezgif.com, as it does a good job at most things and the compression algorithm (gifsicle) it implements is real nice / one I used on the command line before I found the site.

1 Like

Alex, this is awesome. Thank you for tightening up my code. Here is the version 2:
https://makecode.com/_K1pL6h8HELuw

My next challenge is to add boundaries to stop the pirate going of screen.

1 Like

Nice! Just so you know, this block will keep the pirate inside the screen if you set it to refer to the pirate and turn it on:

1 Like

Oh that’s easy! I spent an hour last night creating a tile map to keep the pirate in with no success!

Thanks for your help everyone! Here is is version 3!

I made it 10 levels with increasing difficulty and made a new ninja.

2 Likes

nice topic to discuss and im learning to create a program by the end of this year hopefully ill be working for something like this …