Raycasting 3D render -- Blocks Edition

You could use the sprite’s “bottom”, “top”, “left”, or “right” anchors, so it wouldn’t matter what size the sprite was. Just an idea, instead of coding a new physics engine. (IDK if I fully understand the above quote, but I think this might work)

1 Like

this is AMAZING i can do so much with this but just wondering is there a way to make the myself sprite jump or have a character in front cause with this i could make maze games snic robo blast 2 or super mario 64 or even some type of minecraft like game if you can add layers onto this

thanks for creating this :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks @Kiwiphoenix364 for your suggustion !
The sprites top,left,right,bottom are critical for collision. They all are “mapped” into hitbox when create, with which physical functions calculate , and it will be “re-map” every time setImage(). So user need notice extension to update hitbox every time after set a new Image (need user learn more about this extension). I will try to dig deeper to find whether this can work. If yes, it still need a balance between simple implement and easy learning(convenience).
Thanks again for providing me more idea, very appreciated!

1 Like

Wow, this looks great, thanks for sharing.
I will try to understand how this works and add some protagonists to my 3D experiment:

8 Likes

This is incredibly cool, great job :smiley:

3 Likes

yes, jump maybe possible, but be aware it’s not “jump on” to some cube or platform, cause infact every cube have no top/bottom surface. :joy:

yes, I should say sorry for this, it’s a bug, that sprites with flag “relative to camera” are tookovered too by my render, so they would not be drawn as HUD alike.
Check out new release please (v0.3.3). (to update:In your game, goto JS mode and press refresh button next to the name of my extension in files list at leftside)

1 Like

Wow, really cool!
You made walls alive, that make me to think to add ani feature for wall textures too.

Feel free to let me know if you have any question on it, or let’s discuss what features/interfaces need to make this kind of 3D render better.

1 Like

Wow! This is really cool!

1 Like

SayText featrue preview

It works, but I didn’t release new version yet, cause I am not sure about following:

• need show say in 2d? No add to 2d map yet, many saying text make 2d map kind of mess I think.
  • only show saytext when center of sprite in screen? Right now, shown as long as any part of sprite shown.
  • issue: can’t be covered by walls/sprites by now, it will invovle many calculation, really need?
    What do you think about these?
7 Likes

Another preview edtion

• add wall scale
  • add jump, via selfSpr offsetZ as view point height
  • btw, other sprites can also “jump” with it’s offsetZ
10 Likes

Wow, thanks AqeeAqee, wall scale and jump are great additions :slight_smile:
It runs very well on Meowbit hardware,

2 Likes

Will it be in blocks?

1 Like

Good new !
So happy you like it!
And waiting for your project with it!

1 Like

Definitely yes!
Blocks for all functions is one of my basic principle when building this extention ( as far as I can :joy: )

2 Likes

Okie Dokie

1 Like

yo this is awesome

2 Likes

Do you think you are ever going to create strafing?

1 Like

Yep, it is if you fire fast enough :smile:
Have fun!

1 Like

Well that makes sense :laughing:. I meant, is there any official way to enable side-to-side movement?

1 Like

Oh, side move would be release next version, in fact, in which I plan to add a block to turn off move control inside extension, and then you can do it by the traditional “move sprite with buttons”.

1 Like