Here’s a simple(ish) inventory system I made in Arcade:
Controls while inventory is closed:
- Use A to “use.” (actually just pops the selected item from the toolbar)
- Use B to cycle through slots.
Controls while inventory is open:
- Use arrow keys to select items.
- Use A to transfer the selected item between the toolbar or the inventory.
- Use B to move the cursor between the toolbar and inventory.
Would definitely appreciate user feedback on how “natural” the controls are and what I can improve/simplify cause there is a lot of variables and checks that look really really ugly. This also only works with 16x16 images - you would have to change a lot of numbers (sorry not sorry) and change some of the images.