Microsoft MakeCode

Skiing

It’s crazy how little code it takes to make a moderately fun game. This platform continues to amaze me.

I’m nowhere near done with this one but here’s a start of a skiing game:

7 Likes

Needs more art. (Skier directions; more obstacles)

The controls need refinement. The velocities should update based on whether the skier is pointed downhill or not… there’s a pretty easy exploit if you get the horizontal velocity high enough.

The win condition shouldn’t be time based, but distance based.

There needs to be an abominable snowman that chases you down. Obviously…

2 Likes

Can’t agree more, the barrier for entry is ridiculously low with Makecode! This game is already fun for passing some time, and will be even more so after you’ve put in the enhancements to art and controls you’ve already outlined.

I wonder if you have any experience with software such as GameMaker, how does that compare to this? I’m assuming it has a slightly steeper learning curve, but still not quite as high as working with a game engine such as Unity or UE4.

3 Likes

A little particle splash on turns? Also jumps!

3 Likes

You could add some rocks if you want some more obstacles. They are built-in images.

I can’t wait to see the game progress, especially with your outlines already planned out!

2 Likes

I made some edits.

I like it, the controller made the character move to the right but if you add walls to keep your character on track and fix the movement bug I think it’ll be a pretty good game. :slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face:

This is a great start to a game! I think that the skier moves a bit slow when you turn though. I personally think that there should be coins or something to collect along the path as well.