The Attack of the Serpents

(Please ignore the cringey title - I am not creative in the slightest. Also all the art was from the gallery so thanks to whoever made those :heart: :heart: :heart: )

Battle legions of snakes with the power of time at your hand in MakeCode Arcade! Currently, this project is still in beta but I wanted to submit at least 1 part before the deadline. Also, please do not steal it because by the time you read this, I would have submitted this. Hopefully, I can finish part 2 but no promises :slight_smile:

Features:

• Fighting snakes (Which spit fireballs at you)
  • (Cheesy) storyline
  • Skippable dialogs
  • Closed captioning for sound effects
  • Progress save and reset
  • ????????? which can be toggled with the following key combination: ???????????????? (Don’t peak I know you will :slight_smile: Also the first 4 keys are reoccurring so you only need to guess a 4-key combination and just repeat it 3 more times. )

Note that this game is quite resource-intensive, averaging 110 sprites per “sub-part” and a 50x30 tilemap. ????????? definitely does not help with the frame rate.

Controls:

• Up/Down/Left/Right - Move character (only works while not in “story” part)
  • A - Fight (only works while not in “story” part)
  • B - Toggle time slow down (only works while not in “story” part)
  • Menu - Skip this dialog (only works while in “story” part)

Press B and reset to bring up the reset dialog which can reset all of your progress.

7 Likes

Awesome use of the story extension! Love the attention to detail, too. The villagers moving around is a great touch!

3 Likes

Part 2 is released! (Same link as above)

1 Like

Fun boss battle!

2 Likes

nice game!

2 Likes

Very good

1 Like