Microsoft MakeCode

Tiny Soccer Cars

Tiny Soccer Cars is a retro version of a modern favorite.
Learn the controls and build your skills in Practice Mode.
Play against the AI opponent and score the most points by the end of the match to win!

Have fun!!!
https://thecobolkid.github.io/tinysoccercars/

11 Likes

Wow! The game dynamics are incredible!

1 Like

Very nice! The physics feels great.

1 Like

This is mind blowing! It feels amazing to play (and I’m a Champ 3 in the real version of this game)! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@theCobolKid your games deserve a home in github! It’ll give a home web page that loads much faster.

2 Likes

WOW! The attention to detail is amazing, I love the shadow of the soccer ball!

1 Like

This is incredibly fun!

After making this game, are there any libraries or editor changes that would have made this easier or more enjoyable to make?

Also it might be useful to know that you can have multiple .ts files:

1 Like

Wow, that’s your third great game!
Thanks a lot I’m mostly here to learn some game development, but these games you build are really fun to play!
And they all work on the Meowbit!

1 Like

This is so impressive.

My kids also wanted me to share that they thought it was incredible too. … I think you just knocked one of my games off our meowbit. :sweat_smile:

One of our favorite details was way you replicated the exploding goal mechanic… such a delightful moment recognizing that nod to the original.

2 Likes

I created a github release for the game! It took a few tries before I noticed the /beta in the how-to video I was following. And now I’m all set for next time. Thanks!

Thanks @darzu! And thanks for the tip about multiple files, I didn’t realize that was possible. I’m a complete java noob. I switched from blocks to java script pretty late in development and all the code was in a single file and I didn’t even think of breaking it up.

One feature that would have saved some development time would have been some sort of picture menu, something that would provide the functionality of the Select Mode screen in Tiny Soccer Cars. I didn’t find anything like this, and I could have used the existing “ask for number” dialog, but I wanted something more visual.

I just saw a pop-up recommendation about not replying to multiple individual posts, and that makes sense…still learning how to navigate all of this.

Thanks to everyone for all of the positive comments and feedback. And I’m so glad you’re all getting a kick out of the game! @ractive, @peli, @richard, @darzu

@Jernau, that’s a high rank…respect! Hopefully hard mode is at least a little bit challenging for you. :grimacing:

@centigradeclemensP, you’re right, this is my 3rd game in makecode arcade. I’m flattered that you know that, and I’m glad you enjoy them all. I love this platform! It’s a a perfect pixelated continuation to the TI-86 calculator I used for making BASIC games years ago. I’m also glad to know about the Meowbit compatibility, I was considering picking one up.

@jacob_c, thank you for the kind words. And thanks sharing your kid’s comment. :grin: I’m delighted but also a bit sad for your meowbit library that they like it so much. :flushed:

2 Likes

awesome!

1 Like

You can also store your game in GitHub which will help with versioning and give it a glorious landing page.

1 Like

This game is terrific! The physics are incredible!

1 Like

this is amazing, i love how the graphics work, also the 3 d is insane, i did not know you could do that!!!
how did you do the AI? i’m quite confused as to how this all works. thanks for this experience.

1 Like

Thanks Blobiy,

The AI was one of the last parts I made for the game. At that point in development I had plenty of experience driving the red car around the field and scoring goals. I stepped back and thought about what my strategy was when I was playing and it was very simple; drive towards the ball and try to hit it!

So what I do for that AI algorithm is set a target location for the opponent vehicle to drive to (which is usually the right side of the ball), then adjust the velocity of the opponent vehicle accordingly to reach the target. There is also some conditional logic that has been added to accommodate the different difficulty levels, but that is the basis for the AI algorithm.

1 Like

@Blobiy, if you are interested in how the “3D” aspect of this game works, check out this post:

its a amazing game i loved it :soccer: :soccer: :soccer:

1 Like