What YouTube videos would you like to see?

Hey folks!

The MakeCode Team is looking to start producing some more Arcade video content on our YouTube channel. Before we get started, we thought we’d ask our forum’s community of experts to help give us some ideas!

What type of videos would YOU like to see on our YouTube channel?

Is there a type of game you want to learn how to make? Wanna see us draw some pixel art? Is there a how-to video you wish you had? Let us know in the comments!

5 Likes

I’d like to see a tutorial on how to make sprites travel in a circle around a specific point! Also, I’m excited to see more content from your YT channel!

2 Likes

A cool idea could be a series dedicated to replicating popular games in Makecode, where people can vote on what game they’d want to see replicated in Makecode. E.g. Galaga, Pac Man, Super Mario, Snake, and simple games like that. Could be a good showcase of what Makecode can do, given the right games.

1 Like

I would love basic and more advanced tutorials and game ideas that you can make with it! Game mechanics of topics that nobody even knows exist and just things you like! Also maybe your favourite game of the week in categorys like: Fun, Usefulnes and Unique Game Mechanic (A new game mechanic or a twist to one) Cya then!

1 Like

I’d like to see a shortened step by step guide on how to make a Pokemon style game using arrays and the story extension.

I know you already made Sucromon, and it’s great, but the videos are pretty long, and I get lost trying to figure out some of the specifics when trying to make a Pokemon style game.

1 Like

Pixel art pls

2 Likes

metroid remake would be nice

1 Like

That’s actually pretty good timing, we’ve been talking about making another sucromon game after the menu extension we’ve been working on on fridays is finished :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think it would be really cool if you the MakeCode team tried making a full length Platformer with cool original characters inside it that they can show of on the YouTube channel for people to play

2 Likes

I want to see a video series where you make games but easier for beginners. (Yes I know there is another makecode series on that.) I would like to see somthing for the coders who can’t code well.

2 Likes

Since that’s already a thing (3-Part Platformer Tutorial Series), you might want to suggest a game genre?

It would be great if you can also access the programming of games like catstronauts, you could also try to recreate NES games.

1 Like