[Announcement] MakeCode Arcade Mini Game Jam #3 - Racing Jam

Final Version and Submission for the Mini Game Jam!
-Fixed Many Bugs
-Changed Maps & Added Features
Good Luck Everybody else!

@Galorlx yup! just submit in this thread

Last day

2 Likes

This has been… surpisingly quiet.

My game’s progress is going well!

BTW Happy joining-the-forum day @Lucas_M!
(Posted 9/19/2022)

1 Like

Here’s my submission:

One of the maps was made by @Lucas_M!

Controls

In menus:
up/down for navigating up and down.
A to select.

In game:
up/down/left/right for driving the car in that direction.
A when on leaderboard to continue.

GitHub:

5 Likes

This is a followup post to the one for my game.

I fixed some critical bugs in my game!

1 Like

Here’s my submission, a lot of content had to be cut, and the start of races are laggy (because of how many CPUs are on screen, but with “culling”, it smooths out later, please play on a PC) Press up to drive and left/right to turn. You can drift with A or B and the direction you want to drift, and alternate left/right while drifting to get mini-turbos (like Mario Kart DS). You can also use the rear-view mirror with K. Do YOU have what it takes to beat CPUS in the (3) tracks?

5 Likes

Yaaay! My name is in the code😁

2 Likes

Small little update, @Lucas_M added another amazing map!

Also sneaked in some small UI changes. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Three years of me being on the makecode forums

4 Likes

This game is a lot fun! What a great game! I love the feel of the racing and the transparent cube car graphics! :slight_smile: Awesome job!

1 Like

I added 1 block to my game to fix saving, as the last track was inaccessible previously.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m released a patch that makes saving actually work lol, so you can get to the last track (the first version which was approved secondly though has it automatically unlocked, but that wasn’t intended, the first patch attempts to fix this but I forgot to add the block that saves the data.)

1 Like

In case anyone’s interested, drifting with A was broken, and here’s a patch to fix that (even though the game jam review is done), along with many other bug-fixes!

Also, I’ll probably add content in a separate topic, and make this game more of what I originally intended to be (I had to down-size it due to time constraints).

2 Likes

Love the personalized game intro! Nice touch!

1 Like

Ah yes, me vs. me, and I won against myself. :rofl:

ouch, man. I bet simulated Arduino is just raging…

1 Like

Where did you get the LoadingAnimations extension? Please could you send me the link?
Best,

Retrodude1099

1 Like

Hey @Kiwiphoenix364 i don’t Think the ranking is supposed to work like this

3 Likes

You can fork it and change the splash screen, customize colors, etc!

2 Likes