[Announcement] MakeCode Arcade Mini Game Jam #4 - Outer Space Jam

Hey folks!

It’s the first Monday of the month, which means it’s time to start another Mini Game Jam! The theme for this jam is Outer Space. That’s right! @Lucas_M’s grassroots campaign finally paid off.

We’re looking for games about outer space. You can interpret that theme any way you like, but it should be obvious how your game relates to the theme without any extra explanation.

For example, games about UFOs abducting cows, shooting asteroids from a spaceship, or exploring distant galaxies are all good interpretations of the theme.

Making a farming game and saying “well technically everything is in outer space” is not a good interpretation of the theme.

Rules

1. Games should be built in MakeCode Arcade
  2. Games should clearly adhere to the theme without the need for any extra explanation
  3. Keep the games PG: no NSFW, offensive, or excessively violent content.
  4. You must be at least 9 years old to participate.
  5. All games must be submitted by someone who is at least 13 years old. Younger students are welcome to participate, but it must be in partnership with an adult and with parent permission.

You have two weeks to enter! The jam will close at 11:59 PM PDT on Monday, October 17th 2022

Submit your games by posting them in this thread!

10 Likes

Can Post a game i’ve already made for the competition?

1 Like

Finally my plan is in action

3 Likes

Three brave cats and the dead man’s chest yo ho ho and a bottle of rum.
In space???

4 Likes

How about Three brave cats Going to space to defeat some kind if Alien monster

1 Like

my plan is in space

Lol “3 brave cats 3: in space” confirmed?!?

1 Like

Is it confirmed though

3 Likes

This is my entry https://arcade.makecode.com/S26001-73025-41436-09051

1 Like

More info about my game later what game are you working on @Kiwiphoenix364

1 Like

Is there a prize for winning the Game Jam?

I’m thinking about a Mario Galaxy-like game (in 2d) with gravity/planets and unique platforming mechanics, but with a kiwi bird as the main protagonist (I was going to make it a sequel to pigeon deliverance, but that didn’t seem to fit the theme too well and I decided that I was going to make all-original characters). At the time of posting this (10/6/2022) I haven’t started coding yet though.

1 Like

No prize for MINI game jams, at least, I think so. but there is prize for Not mini game jams

1 Like

This is a remake of one of my favorite VIC-20 games. My son and I enjoyed working together on this one.

Arrow keys or direction pad to shoot.
[B] button or X to use corner shields.

2 Likes

Where do I submit?

1 Like

This is my Subbmission!

It took a LONG time to make a proper Gravity change!

1 Like

Jump or double jump your way around enemy sprites to your lunar base!

4 Likes

Interesting

here is where you submit