Anyone ever used microbit as a controller?

Just a shot in the dark here, but I’m wondering if anyone has ever been able to use the microbit A and B buttons for the controller? I’m sure there’s some technical hurdle I’m not familiar with…

A controller for what?

Not sure about the micro:bit, but there’s a useful extension for the arcade and adafruit editors that lets you use the device as a keyboard or mouse.

Thanks for the reply. I meant as a controller for an arcade game that you make.

I’ll check those extensions.

i’ve tried to make a controller with the micro bit but every time i tried it would fail but if you connect a dual shock controller (wired or wireless) you can play with those or you can add these games to the rasberry pi and play these games with the old nintendo controllers

1 Like

@CrouchingPython I think this (links below) is what you’re looking for, its hardware that allows you to insert the Micro:bit into an analog pin converter (I’m just making up names, I don’t know what it’s called) and you can use up, down, left, right, and a button A and B input:

Another one is the same as the last one but it has a zip LED multicolour screen that is 8x8 instead of 5x5, so this is good for games which require space, such as snake - same inputs, but costs a bit more:

I know it doesn’t use the A and B button directly, but this is the closest you can get to using them. Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the suggestions!

1 Like

No problem @CrouchingPython!

yup for sure