Microsoft MakeCode

Background Art For Pat the Hermit 2

I need some background art for the second installment of Pat the Hermit. You can draw whatever you want and if i end up using your art i will put you in the credits of the game.

Some Examples:
Forest
Cave
Volcano
Mountains
Ocean
Beach

Also i would like to know how to take your art and copy paste it into my game. Cause i probably don’t know how…mlep.

2 Likes

Just copy the javascript test and you can paste it using ctrl v into the image editor.
Also i’m making the volcano

Use the maraquee tool to select some pixels and use the standard ctrl + c to copy and ctrl + p to paste.

Here’s a GIF demonstrating it:

1 Like

That was surprisingly easy.

2 Likes

Thank you Unsigned, so if anyone want to make a background using the standard background image block i would appreciate it. I’m not the best at art and i usually wing it, so i hope you all can help me out…yeet.

1 Like

is wha im doing

I got the ocean!

2 Likes

@FlintAsher was talking about underwater when he said ocean

omg we posted our beaches at the same time (cue battle music)

1 Like

Another option is a old-timely wood town as another background image.

1 Like
2 Likes

I am on a roll today

2 Likes

Here you are, @FlintAsher. A cave!

3 Likes

Just wanted to show you some art I made for a nighttime level.

3 Likes

More art will be accepted

1 Like

This is a showcase of the current art that will be added to the game in order by level:

1. FlintAsher: Forest
  2. Purna079: Ocean(added waves)
  3. ggiscool: Beach
  4. FlintAsher: Nighttime
  5. Bag3I: Cave
  6. ggiscool: Volcano

Walk left and right to find the flag to reach the next level and next background image being used.
:heart::orange_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::heart::orange_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::heart::orange_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::heart::orange_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::heart::orange_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart:

5 Likes

that link might not work but you can try this one.

4 Likes

I am not really that good at art… LolOther people’s ones are much better then mine… Lol

I can’t wait!

That’s okay, i just did a little re-coloring and added waves and it looked fine. I also can’t wait to get the second game to you guys. I’m also going to hold back on making the levels really hard cause as i understand it some of you couldn’t beat the final level of the first game. Sorry about that… :sweat_smile:

1 Like