I can only make games in raycasting without depth, (which is great thanks to aqee aqee,) but it would be nice to also have depth to make games like 1v1 lol or minecraft.
interesting question⦠i have the same issue and want to make a script that uses the raycaster extension for this, or create my own new raycasting system.
There have been some attempts at this, many getting quite far, but I think the main issue is that even if you could show objects on the screen, you would need to define levels as hundreds of points. There is already a demo for 3D rendering by @Brohann: Brohann's 3D devlog you would just need to turn it into a game!
P.S. Posts older than a year or two generally shouldnāt be dragged up from the depths, so please check how old a post is before replying. That user hasnāt been on Makecode for over a year, so you probably wonāt get a response anytime soon.
my faviorite makecode forum peaple ar reacting to stuuf where i chat! ![]()
btw, you can use the buildt in height of the raycasting extension to change your height and tilemap repeatedly and screenshot every frame and turning that into the backround.
I umm⦠so⦠noā¦? I mean, yes, but also really no. You wouldnāt be able to give things bottom faces, and I believe the automatic tile culling in the extension will delete tiles that you ācanāt seeā and youāll want to be able to see said tiles when looking from the bottom. Also the main issue isnāt the physical setup, itās the lag. I would be surprised if that method works at more than 15fps. The issue is always going to be lag. Obviously itās physically possible, but until you can run it at at least 30fps itās not going to be very good.
Iām also having a problem with this. Iām trying to demake ULTRAKILL, but the vertical height limitations are very annoying, mostly because it kills the gameās look (how appealing it is).
Also, I think I have something āsimilarā to what @Slimey described, although it just changes the wallZheight when you enter a room. The problem is, I canāt add secrets (mostly the elevated ones), and wall jumping is basically useless (which is why I didnāt add it, and slam storage either [the vertical height version]). I feel like carving a hole through my brain, but maybe in later variations it may be possible.
