Choosing a Character

Hi,

I want to find a smooth way of choosing a character at the beginning of the game. This is my first attempt. Please let me know where I can improve if you have ideas.

3 Likes

This is really nice! I don’t know if this is supposed to be a 1 or 2 player game. I have an idea though. It’s gonna take some work but it won’t include the number stuff. I’ll give you further details later on after I do some tweaks with it.

1 Like

You can use the block menu extension.

1 Like

I made a pixel art cursor and made you put a choice in when you press A and overlap one of the fruits. The Fruits in the choseFighter function have a different kind so I can delete them instead of the actual fighters.

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

I ended up doing something similar. I will make use your ideas though. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hello, I am trying to use you code but I can not figure out how to get the function call clearSprites Choices. Can you please help me? I am a beginner and it only lets me call the red variables on the function

1 Like

also this isnt my game XD

1 Like

Screenshot 2020-11-19 at 11.12.57 AM

If you use this screenshot from before, you can see the clearSprites function and place it into some kind of block that can repeat itself.

clear Sprites function? if you wanna use the fucntion, you gotta open the function tab and use the clearSprites Choices and attatch it to any part of code.