Error publishing game

My game works fine, but when trying to share it I run into a error 413 message.

has anyone else run into this problem?

That message means the game is too large to create a share link currently; typically this will come from having a bunch of full screen images or something of the sort that make the file larger than expected. We’re looking at this, but for now if you want to share the best way is to use the github integration (there are extra features in the beta editor that make this easier to use as well). Saving the file with download or as a .png should work as well.

If you’re only using typescript, you might also consider deleting main.blocks, which will cut off a lot of size out of the program. (If you do this, I would suggest making sure you have an extra copy saved just in case!)

thanks jwunderl! I’ll take a look at that. I’m guessing the problem is full screen images, I converted everything to typescript and deleted main.blocks and it was still too big. I’ll take a look at the github integration.

I thinking i might run into this problem im making quite a big game (sorry that this is such an old topic) im using blocks and what do you mean by full screen images? and also if my game is too large will i be able to play it on the simulator?

(sorry for your time) another thing that i have a problem with is that i replace variables quite often and it leaves a little transparent block and i have noticed that has been slowing down my game and is there a easy way to get rid of them easily?

Thanks -Zachary

Full screen images are images that are 160x120 pixels. Usually, they are used with the “set background image” block. The size limitation only applies to shared games, so you should always be able to play your game in the simulator. That being said, we recently increased the size limit so hopefully you won’t hit it!

1 Like

Ok thanks a lot!

^ that tho

Thanks -Zachary

I can top that:

oh wow that’s large

1 Like