Exporting Game Options

Is there a way to export/ package a game as a stand-alone game that will run on a browser? Or perhaps a setting to iframe the game full screen without the simulator buttons and hardware?

2 Likes

Hmmm… not that I’m aware. @jwunderl do you know if there is a way to hide the simulator chrome? Maybe we should add a flag for it in the embed

2 Likes

I don’t think so either. &screenonly=1 maybe for a view like the mini view we get on mobile maybe?

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply! Let me know if you end up developing a flag for it. I’m hoping to develop adapted video games for kids with disabilities who want to play video games but struggle with commercially available games (too fast, too complicated, etc.). Some of these kids also have vision impairments and the screen on the simulator is small. They may also be distracted by the simulator interface and will most likely be using their own assistive tech to access the games so they won’t need the buttons.

1 Like

That would be very useful. Perhaps it could just be a block in the code, so it works for sharing the link, embedding, and using github to share the project.

Sounds good, I filed an issue for it so I’ll see how much it’ll take to get in :slight_smile: if you have a github account here’s the issue so you can follow: https://github.com/microsoft/pxt-arcade/issues/3682

1 Like

Perfect thank you! I’ll follow it now. Fingers crossed!

1 Like