Microsoft MakeCode

Failing to connect smartphone with micro:bit

Bluetooth-Problems

• I wrote a code on my computer to control the micro:bit with my smartphone app.
  • Before I downloaded the code i could connect the micro:bit with my smartphone by bluetooth.
  • When I downloaded the code from the computer to the micro:bit, I couldn’t connect the micro:bit anymore with the smartphone app. (Errorcode: CBErrorDomain 14)
  • I tried to reset everything, I even set the micro:bit in the “OOB”-Mode. Nothing helped.
  • I took a new micro:bit, i wrote the same code in the micro:bit app on my smartphone, and it works fine.

My specifications:

Computer: MacBook Pro Mid 2015
Smartphone: Iphone SE2020
MakeCode version on Iphone: 3.0.6 (3A198)
micro:bit: V1, Tue, 16 Mar, 2021 at 4:40 PM

Thx for your help! Tom

Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-19 um 11.45.48|271x500

Disabling pairing (as opposed to OOB) often helps. I did a short video showing it at about 42s: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuGTBZRwC-8&t=42s

What I’d suggest:

• Disable pairing on the Makecode project and re-program your code on your micro:bit.
  • Turn off bluetooth on your iPhone and turn it back on (in the past this would clear cached things that were sometimes a problem with pairing. It may even help to reboot)

Make sure you have your micro:bit connected to either a battery pack with charged batteries, or to a USB cord plugged into your device. If it is still not connecting, try using a different power cord. Make sure you have downloaded a Hex file onto your micro:bit. Make sure you have your Bluetooth turned on.

If it is still not connecting, try using a different power cord. Make sure you have downloaded a Hex file onto your micro bit. Make sure you have your Bluetooth turned on.