Help me with music

I am TERRIBLE at making music, speciffically, the timing of notes. it just feels weird, is there a metronome function or something? like, i need help with this my music sounds BAD.

please help,

-king

2 Likes

Im terrible at making music but i just gave up after like 5 minutes, but @InvalidProject makes some peak music, maybe she can help you?

Use InvalidProject’s music

Try to time your notes evenly; ex. having a kick drum every 4 lines, a snare every 2, and a high hat on every 1! The music in makecode relies on 4-4 time, so having a rhythm in some multiple of 4 (1, 2, 4, 8, 16) will sound best. For melodies, honestly, one way to learn how to time them right is just to experiment a lot! there is a LOT of music theory out there
Thirdly, learn what chords are. These are notes that tend to sound good together and evoke certain moods. I’m sorry I can’t explain them much myself-- i’d reccomend something like this tutorial!
I myself am not that great at music, so I can’t say much beyond that but a general ‘keep trying, you’ll find something that works (and have fun)!’ :slight_smile:

3 Likes