How to stop console from aggregating data being printed to it

I’m sending a series of H and T strings to the console, and it’s aggregating repeated H’s and T’s, so instead of, say
H
H
T
T
T
I’m getting
2H
3T

Is there someway to turn off that behavior?

1 Like

We don’t have a way to disable this behavior at the moment, but we are looking at the console view for future updates and this ‘feature’ is one we’ve seen as confusing before (it was added near the beginning of makecode and hasn’t been updated since then).

Sorry about that / thanks for the feedback, we’ll keep this in mind when we refresh this view.

3 Likes

Quick update, we managed to sneak a quick fix for this in for our upcoming micro:bit release, meaning it will be available in arcade after the next major release there :slight_smile: Here’s the change https://github.com/microsoft/pxt/pull/8904

The reason it was added in like that in the first place was to match typical webdev consoles (e.g. chrome dev tools, batching can help with e.g. repeated error messages on a webpage), but I think there’s a pretty strong argument that this use case is much closer to a cli console (e.g. node), which is why we agreed on removing that behavior~

2 Likes