How would I copy / paste a piece of pixel art, so that I may save time and my finger?

Hi! I’m pretty new to the Forums, so I don’t really know what I’m doing…

I need to copy / paste pieces of pixel art from one part of the editor, to the other.
Example:

I am using the Example Tree in the example Pixel Art Section. It loaded into the editor, but now I need more.

Would I need to re-draw every tree by hand,(Mouse-Click, poor finger) -Or is there a way to copy/paste in the Editor? I am very, very confused right now :smiley:

Any help would be appreciated!

Do you mean copy and paste within the image editor, or duplicating the image block?

Currently there’s no copy and paste feature in the image editor unfortunately, but if you mean you want to duplicate the image block (e.g. a sprite), that can be done in two ways:

duplicating the entire block with right click (hold click on touch) -> duplicate:

2019-12-21 22.55.32

dragging out the image itself to copy it for other blocks that take images:

2019-12-21 22.56.39

I am attempting to create a Forest-Map, using the Image Editor – Would I need to re-draw every tree? Or can I copy / paste in The Image Editor? Thanks :slight_smile:

If you go into the java part you can copy the text for each image it would look something like this
000000000000000…
Each letter/number is a color.

That actually makes sense… I’ll try that! Thanks :slight_smile: (I will get back to you later!)

1 Like