I don't know if you guys are in a middle of an update

When I go into my project, it loads as usual. And then my blocks project goes into JavaScript. I don’t know whats going on. Then whenever I want to change one of those dropdowns with the tilemap blocks. array of all locations block, then my project freezes and i have to reload it, and then turns back to JavaScript. I really want to continue my project. Thx in advance

Hm, we are in the middle of an update, but if you’re not using the /beta site that shouldn’t affect you. Can you post a share URL for the project? Usually if a project automatically switches itself to Javascript it means there was an error when we were trying to load the blocks (probably a bug with something MakeCode is doing internally)!

Now whenever I try to edit the tilemap, it will edit the second one

Oh i just found your comment. Yes I am in beta
Oh and also, When ever my sprite overlaps the chest (the finish line) Its not activating the block right here

Here’s the link: https://makecode.com/_6W3L55EazTT8

Okay! So you’ve found several bugs with our update–there’s currently an error with using tiles from the tilemap “Gallery”, and there are some issues with “Duplicate” (in “Assets” view) as well as Copy/Pasting blocks with tilemaps. :frowning: Sorry about that!

Here’s a fixed version of your game: https://makecode.com/_M312pxeYugV0

I made copies of all the gallery tiles and converted them to custom tiles. I also removed the level 2 tilemap and dragged out a blank block.

This is definitely an problem on our end, and we’ll try to fix it ASAP! In the meantime, to avoid breaking your project you should probably:

1. Use only custom tiles (nothing from the gallery)
  2. Don’t use the right-click “Duplicate” (or ctrl+c/ctrl+v) on blocks with tilemaps in them

Okay so no gallery :white_check_mark:
and no duplicate or ctrl c and v :white_check_mark:
Thanks for your help!

No worries! Definitely post here if you run into more issues, /beta is probably a little unstable right now because we’re making some big changes behind the scenes to support the new “Assets” view. We are hoping to have most big issues fixed by the end of this week!

I’ll work on my project tomorrow. BTW i found another bug that i forgot to tell u. Sometimes (there is a chance) when i click on the blocks, they follow my cursor and they won’t stop. It’s like putting a set "these blocks from my code" to follow "my computer cursor" with a speed of well who knows? It’s really funny and when I right click or left click or do anything with my mouse, It wont stop. I really appreciate that your helping me and i am grateful for arcade.makecode. Thank you to all the team members who helped make this

3 Likes

This has happened to me as well. The blocks would get stuck to the cursor no matter what. It seems to happen randomly.

2 Likes

I can’t wait for the new update though. I don’t know what the Assets do but then I kinda understand it and I don’t understand it. Oh well… Seems fun!

1 Like

BTW, Should I actually copy the javascript and transfer it to the old version. I don’t think I’m going to use the return blocks or anything like that

1 Like

Yeah, it might be safer to use the old version for the next few weeks, especially if you are working on a long-term project or something! We actually added some hidden files so just copying the Javascript won’t work exactly. Here’s a version that should work on the old site: https://makecode.com/_W1jTv4L2sia4

1 Like

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

I would say you should always do big projects in non-beta; it’s much more well tested

2 Likes

True. I guess so. I’ll work on it in non-beta. Do u guys update whenever you think of a good idea or do you schedule things. I’ve seen in games that I think you guys should do too. Whenever a game is updating and you go into the game, it says that it is updating and then it says come back soon. You guys should do that too. But that might come into another update though. You should just make a sign that says: update in progress… and since you can’t make games in beta and transfer it to the old version (yes I’ve seen what happens) it says that the game was in a newer updated website so you would have to do them in the beta rather than the older version.

Phew that was a lot…

1 Like