is it possible to make auto generated levels?
Yes, it would actually be pretty easy. The hard part is that you have to make sure the level can be playable. In my (SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION) Crossy Roads 3, each map is different. But I’ve made basically no effort to ensure that the level is playable, so there may be a hit and miss. For platformer games, you could probably do something like this:
- Make a starting platform for the player.
- Now place some blocks for the player to walk on
- Leave a gap
- Choose whether to move the next platforms higher or lower or not.
- Go back to step 2 until you hit the end
- Place an ending platform.
We did a livestream showing one way to do this!
The strategy was based on what I did for my game Dungeon
but what code would I run to do that?
Do you have a game that you would like to auto-generate levels for?