Minecraft EDU HELP!

I teach Computer Science in middle school (6,7,8) and I use Makecode for each grade (Minecraft 6th, Microbit 7th, Arcade 8th). I am struggling coming up with project or game ideas to code in Minecraft. I went through Computer Science curriculum offered on Minecraft.net, but I would love more ideas I could. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

There’s the curriculum written by the MakeCode team, too:

1 Like

Not sure based on the link you’ve provided, but have you gone through the Microsoft curriculum for Minecraft? I see some build challenges in there that look super fun.

Minecraft Computer Science Kit | Minecraft Education Edition

I’ll keep looking in the mean time for other, third-party resources for Minecraft Education Edition.

1 Like

This looks super fun, too!

OK; I’m stopping now. :laughing: Let us know if you’ve already exhausted these resources, @rymc88 , and then I’ll keep digging.

1 Like

This looks interesting, too. The book is out of print, though, so you’ll need to turn to second-hand book markets to find it. (I see a few used copies available on Amazon, for example.)

1 Like

Thought you might enjoy seeing, these, too.

1 Like

Thank you @AlexK for pulling these resources! I will look into these 3rd party resources.

I have been using the Makecode curriculum and the Computer Science kit from Minecraft EDU. This is my first year using Minecraft to teach CS, so I am not 100% comfortable using it and still curating the lessons, sequencing them and making any necessary modifications to make it work in my classroom.

Hopefully the Makecode Arcade team will read this and start do some streams on making Minecraft games using Makecode :wink: because I learn so much from them @richard @livcheerful @darzu @shakao @jwunderl

2 Likes

:eyes: We’ll do a minecraft stream today!!! But … no promises on how good it will be hahaha it’s been a while :smiley:

3 Likes

Looking forward to it! Thank you @livcheerful !

Thank you so much for doing those Minecraft streams @livcheerful @richard @shakao! It definitely gave me some ideas. It was funny and reassuring to hear you comment on the organization of some of the blocks as I have had those same thoughts. Cheers!

2 Likes