Need help on sprites on tilemaps

I’m creating this adventure-like game and I wanna put different sprites you can interact with on the different maps but I don’t wanna overuse the “set sprite location at a certain place” block. I can try using this code shown on the image but I don’t know if it would work with sprites bigger than 16x16. Any comments? Screenshot 2020-09-21 at 12.14.23 PM

1 Like

I do believe that it will work being as i used the same code to spawn my enemies, so it should work, and you already have a good multi level function???

1 Like

Thank you, i’ll try it out, and i’m working on one at the moment!!

1 Like

Great!!! If it doesn’t i’ll try to help you fix it! I look forward to seeing your game and playing it! :+1:

1 Like

It worked! thank you!!! :blush:

1 Like

claps Noice :ok_hand:

1 Like

So I came across another problem where if I try to change the tilemap then it won’t remove the previous sprites. How would I fix that? and also how would I be able to move back and forth between different tilemaps?

1 Like

You would need to create a function called clearLevel, and set it to be called on the start of each new level and set it to destroy all existing enemy sprites.

1 Like

I’ll try that then!! but what about switching between maps? cause this isn’t really a level kinda game but more of exploration!!!

1 Like

You can use something like this to change maps.
Screenshot 2020-09-23 at 8.17.45 AM
and then put this in on start
Screenshot 2020-09-23 at 8.17.57 AM
and then this is for what you’re using to end the current map
Screenshot 2020-09-23 at 8.19.39 AM
You’ll have to make a variable setting the currentLevel to zero in the onStart.

1 Like

I’ll try it out, when I do then i’ll update saying whether it worked or not! Thank you btw!

1 Like

Glad to help!

1 Like

update! It worked and now I’m in the middle of making the tilemaps look nice!!!

Is that pic from Among us? I love that game

1 Like

yes Cyan

2 Likes

The Among Us players kinda look like toes to me :confused:

3 Likes

oh my god i-

1 Like

Wrong!

It looks like an axolotl in a toe costume painted red, unpainted, then painted cyan. Then it got swelling on its toenail.

1 Like

Chad.

1 Like

chad.

1 Like