This is Club Makecode! Where all the big names of Makecode Arcade had their characters with lives of their own! A big factor of Club Makecode is that each character has an entire aesthetic that follows throughout the whole game. But there’s much more!
Places to Go!
The game will have three main types of locations you can visit:
The Town; all in-game characters can be seen in the town. Storefronts and fun activities will be accessible throughout the town.
Your Home; Each character will have their own unique home. The entire design of each home will be completely different from another (furniture, wallpaper, flooring, even activities in each home.)
Other Homes; now unless you’re a YouTube prankster entering a Walmart, trespassing into other character’s homes isn’t going to be possible. However, you can be invited to other characters’ parties, or even 1v1 them in a videogame.
- Each NPC has quests or tasks that can be given to the player.
- Multiple full game modes that can be accessed (ex. golfing, obstacle courses for driving, bowling, etc.)
- Although it would be very intensive, I heavily desire a furniture-customization mode, probably won’t be done though.
Here’s an example of what the character select menu looks like:
And here’s an example of what a storefront will look like:
Polls and stuff
Now, of course, I can’t complete this without you folks.
The game will have 10 Playable Characters!
- I want to be a Playable Character!
Now, this is the fun part. If you made it clear you want to have a character above, you will be able to choose all these things for your character:
- Two Colors that will be the Theme for your character
- 1-3 Pieces of Info for your character for the bio in the screen (linked GIF) above
- General description of the look of your character, or you can sketch it if you choose.
I will definitely think of more to add to the uniqueness of each character soon!
Thanks for reading, I gtg to sleep now. Byeee !
Ah yes. My title is absolute perfection.
White and Black
1 He likes Boxs (A little too much)
2 He can create Boxs whenever he wants
3 He only likes Geometrical Shapes
My PFP you can give him feet but not legs a body or hands
Also can one of the storefronts be a Shipping Center called Blast’s Packaging Center Because Box’s are used to packcage stuff and blast likes boxs
sorry for the long post
Awesome! Do you have any preferred bio for ‘Doodle’?
Also, credit to @TheConeGuy. Made your character as a simple example, is that alright with you?
How about “He’s a pencil addict with a hope active mood. But he’s always there to bring a cartoony vibe!”
1: Colours 7 and 8
2: A still life enthusiast who loves his broccoli greenhouse.
3: Name - Broco
4: Look - Basically my profile pic (can I make the art for my character? If so please send a template for the right size. Same with the storefront I just love making buildings)
I’m absolutely fine with that! Also, here’s the description for the character:
Two Colors that will be the Theme for your character: blue and white
1-3 Pieces of Info for your character for the bio in the screen: You can keep it the same as it was in the example, or you can do “A cone-loving adventurer that loves a good party or kart race.”
General description of the look of your character, or you can sketch it if you choose: You know what Coneguy looks like.
- 1284, Canine Avenue, Makecopolis, MakeCode Arcade
- A dog from the Budzyn_Dev team who loves to code.
- Obsessed with chicken nuggets
- Name: Todd Budzyn
- General description of the look of your character: He’s a small golden retriever who has a fancy blue and green bow attached to his collar of matching colors. (He wears a little hat in his business that ALSO matches the colors.)
Oh the desicions!!
Should I go with my PFP, a brown dog/dragon hybrid with a brown and blue theme and most likely some sort of dragon themed house
My persona, the fairy character, with a fairy cottage
Dragondog is more visually interesting, but the persona is much more me… what do you think?
A fairy cottage sounds so fun to work on not going to lie .
I meant “With an active mood, He’s always spreading a cartoony vibe wherever he goes!”
Dang my typing skills are horrible.
green and black
a mysterious wanderer who loves stories and books
Nomad or NobodyNomad
a green cloak and his face is shadowed so you can only see a cloak outlining what looks to be a humanoid form. (You can look at my profile pick for a rough idea).
Yeah! Plus, dragondog’s design changes a ton, but my persona stays. I’ll go with that!:
- Colors are Blue and Pink
- ‘They retain a lot of childlike and playful qualities from their life as a cheap plastic ring.’
The flower changes with mood, but that is mostly for dramatic animation exaggeration reasons so for easy coding you can pick a flower- my suggestion is a yellow center with a dark blue flower, as it fits the color scheme.
Ngl this probably works better with the character layout