Questions about MakeCode C++ sound

nope, we compile it that way because makecode’s typescript is different than stock typescript, and this gives us more flexibility in how the code runs.

2 Likes

Me having little fun using devTools to repeatedly find makecode’s code that gets run, to see what is faster than others :rofl: .

(calling functions, using if statements, and using loops all cause it to show slow down (Thankfully gemini was the one searching the 1.9 MB code and not me).)

1 Like

This thread made me more confused the more I scrolled down

3 Likes

@richard, to make sure I’m finding them all, all the sim files are here:

  • every ts file in pxt
  • every ts file in pxt-common-packages that is inside a folder named sim

Is that everything? Or are there some pxt files that aren’t sim, some pxt-common-packages files that are sim, or some files in pxt-arcade that are sim? I want to make a list of every sim function, so that people can probably make faster code.

the UI of the sim (like the console itself) is in a private repo, but i don’t think there is anything in there that is relevant to what you’re doing.

@richard pxsim functions are faster than the ones I make (since pxsim is in real js), so there’s a chance that since functions could replace some code I have, and if so, I might be able to make faster code!

also I mean pxsim functions I can use through shims, the UI of the sim probably isn’t shimmable