Rhythm Game MX v0.5 (One Song)

Just a test, if anyone has feedback or tips, please help, I’ve never done a side-scroller before that works well. Tell me if something doesn’t work.

3 Likes

Love this game, it’s like geometry dash, which I always wanted to make! The slopes are cool, how did you do it?

Nothing wrong, except that if you get stuck, you don’t die.

1 Like

In all reality the slopes don’t have any walls on them, they’re just empty blocks, but since you go fast enough you don’t collide with them anyway. I always wanted to make a geometry dash game too which is why i love making this. :heart:

1 Like

Also by the end of the updates there will be more levels maybe up to ten different levels with it’s own music with a level select menu.

1 Like

Big brain stuffs.

Instead of putting the wall detection here:

Put it in here:

It works.

1 Like

Noice thx for the help, I appreciate it.

1 Like

I re-uploaded the link with a new update. I finished one song, working on other songs.

2 Likes

If you want to make slopes for real here is how:
Set a sprite to a 1x1 or 2x1, etc. image. Create it in an index loop, moving the new one down each time. Make the sprite of (new kind) slope (choose left or right).

Make an on kind player (or whatever kind the main character is) hits (slope left/right then inside that, write change mySprite y by -1 and change mySprite x by (if left, -1, if right, 1). (The code is in my pinball game)

Here is another example:

2 Likes

Thanks man, my computers acting up right now but once it stops freaking out on me i’ll try that, thx.

1 Like