RobbyZero.com my new MakeCode website

Well, on github, pretty much yeah.

I can see you don’t have a lot of experience with things like this but that’s okay I probably had less when I started.

Firstly, vercel.com is a host and what that means is that the people at vercel put my code on their computers and they give me a special link to see it. A domain is different and will always cost money. The domain for me is “RobbyZero.com” but in a way the domain is more like a nickname. See when you type “RobbyZero.com” into your browser it looks through a long list till it finds my domain and then it sees next to it an IP Address the IP address is basically the address to vercels computer because they put my code on their computers. Now your computer is looking for a pathway from it to vercels computer across cables all around the world. Once it finds it your computer sends a little message across the cables to vercels computers basically saying “Hi I’m me can you let me see the website” and vercel will send back to your computer everything you need to see it. In conclusion yes vercel is free the domain is not though. Oh and one more thing their is a difference between what vercel can do and what say google might do. Vercel can only host static sites meaning that you can’t have any fancy backend and everything in the website can be seen.

I hope this block of text with no paragraph spacing helps you out.

1 Like

Just give it a few days and soon my school will block it :frowning: