Saving System

Hello! I wonder if there is any way to make a type of saving system to my game? Basically if the player cant get to the end, they can save the game and load back in the day after. Also wondering if I can add some sort of checkpoints so if the player dies, he respawns on the last checkpoint?

1 Like

this should help with the saving

1 Like

making the check point is easy you have to add a variable called checkpoint set it to 0 and when the character overlaps with a certain tile (like a flag) the variable will be changed to 1 then have the game play a death animation and wait a curtain amount of time then check if the variable equals 1 then place the character on that tile the down side to this is when you want to make a multiple checkpoint level then the “flags” need to be different and the code gets longer and longer other than that it works

1 Like

see my game Legend of Zelba that I just posted today in show and tell. I use a save everytime a ‘level’ is loaded. It was a little tricky, but doable.

1 Like

The one I used in my game Requiem, heavily utilised functions to work. It functioned very similar to @drtongue96 (sorry for ping)'s saving system.

1 Like

Thanks bro :pray: you really saved me mate. Thanks for the instructions for the checkpoint system too! This will help alot with my game :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there any way that you could maybe show me a code of how this works? Both with the multiple and the singular. It would help so much, thanks!

1 Like

this should work for the multiple

1 Like

this should work for the singular

1 Like