Microsoft MakeCode

Sprite Library

Hello! I had an idea for a “Sprite Library”. On this topic, you can use sprites that other people have made (make sure to give the user credit for their work!) or you can post sprites that you’ve made for others to use! Feel free to even request a sprite as well!

5 Likes

Piggy Sprite:

1 Like

Oh! this is like my Pixel Art? this is a great idea! I’ll try to put some in later.

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see what you contribute!

2 Likes

Very nice!

Groovy Turtle:

2 Likes

Groovy all right :smile:

2 Likes

It took me FOREVER to mirror the designs on its shell! lol

1 Like

well, if it took

than you wouldn’t be finished with it right now! its good!

2 Likes

@Kat @purna079, There is a block that can flip an image, so you never needed to draw the mirror version of it

2 Likes

Yup! I tend to do that most of the time. It just takes a bit to figure out coordinates. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Makes sense

1 Like

I prefer to flip the art without code so it doesn’t take up memory. I built a script just for that purpose. You can ask me to do it or I can post the Python :snake: script if you want.
And I can also use it with this piece of magic:

It’s like the built-in animation extension, but it will auto-magically switch between animations depending on movement. So you only have to design the animations.

That sounds like an advertisement for some software. :sweat_smile: (Which it kinda is, in a way I guess)

2 Likes

That’s the extension I was using. It is very helpful for sprite animations.

1 Like

I’ve never used it until now. I’m trying to figure out the blocks. LOL

2 Likes

@UnsignedArduino @Kat @purna079. Who wants to have a drawing competition?

Requirements: you have to just draw the animal. That’s all
Additional things to do if u want: get some blocks if u want and make it move and such

2 Likes

Its a very nice extension. I’m glad I came across it!

I’m down for a good old fashioned competition anytime.

1 Like

We have… uh… how much time do you want to draw for? Use a 100x100 grid for drawing

1 Like