CYBERSHIFT v.4.5 [New Art]

sooo…i was digging through my old projects and found this:

This was a game I worked on in parallel to Cybershift, but never actually posted. This game is based on the WAVE gamemode in geometry dash.

This actually brings back memories. I started this sometime when i was 13 and thought it was my coolest project to date. I downloaded the game to my gamego, showed a couple of friends and watched them fail continuously at the first level- I was so hyped about this, but then i just kinda…stopped working on it one day, and eventually forgot about it all together…but i recently rediscovered it!

I will say though…my excitement for this was…definitely a bit overblown lol.

  • The game is EXTREMELY bare bones
  • Theres no icon customization (…even though i had already made all the images and the menu option…)
  • There are no stats (…even though i set them up in the code…)
  • Not all the levels are complete (last playable level is Y)
  • The levels are INSANELY HARD AND UNFAIR (The FIRST level is already harder than the first 3 in CYBERSHIFT)
  • The physics are a little off (going up and down isnt properly aligned with the tilemap)
  • The hitboxes are GOD AWFUL (especially the “slopes”)
  • Some levels hurt my eyes (Sprint especially)
  • Most levels gimmicks are poorly introduced.
  • and a TON of other small things-

As flawed as this game is…i’m still glad I found it again. Give it a try if you’d like!

7 Likes