Microsoft MakeCode

The biggest game

13 Likes

sooooo what should the game be? A side-scroller? top down?

4 Likes

I will gladly join. I was thinking of kind of like a story-based platformer kind of game. Kind of based around magic and stuff. Each person could have a certain job. some people can make the art, some coding, music, sound effects, etc.

5 Likes

Perhaps we can create a poll for themes and types of games?

4 Likes

That is a good idea

4 Likes

I was thinking maybe it could be like an open-world kind of game. like you can explore different worlds. I would like to work on the coding parts with other people. I think that since @Kat is such a great artist, she could work on the art. I really want to make a prototype. I might have a prototype ready in a week or two

5 Likes

Maybe we could create several sprites for the player to choose from. I was thinking the sprites could have elemental powers? (water, fire, plants, air, etc)

6 Likes

Awww! Thank you!

4 Likes

What should I do??

3 Likes

Yes, that is such a good idea. maybe we can make it so that the player doesn’t have powers, instead, they have weapons. the player can spend points to enchant weapons with elemental abilities. or we can make four characters, each with a certain ability. the player can choose which one they want to play as. we can use this in a PvP mode against other players locally.

2 Likes

I think we should make a PvP kind of game, kind of like a survive as long as you can kind of game. we can have different collectable weapons, abilities, and powerups. Im gonna work on a prototype as soon as I get of virtual classes.

2 Likes

How would we do that

2 Likes

Good idea! I can do art and coding. (I really want to do art)

I’m thinking an adventure-sandbox with puzzles.

You are a player, and you can choose a pet with a certain ability, like water, fire, air, or earth (and maybe others, like ice). You go on a quest, where you can build stuff to aid you. But, along the way, there are puzzles (sliding, gravity, etc.) You can build in the world, too (to aid you on the epic quest) There will also be enemies to fight.

4 Likes

Everyone should start making a sample of the game how YOU want it to be, and we go from there, put your sample here

4 Likes

Thats a cool idea. we can make a main menu where the player can choose an endless mode: to grind for points, story mode, or a PVP mode. I can work on the code with you

2 Likes

Right now, me and @GameGod are willing to work on the code, if @Kat agress, they can work on the art. @MopishCobra75 and @UnderwaterAstronaut , what would you like to do? maybe you could do the music or sound effects.

5 Likes

is there anything i can do to help with the game?

4 Likes

I’ll work on randomly-generated platformer levels for endless mode.

3 Likes

I would say that you can work on anything you want :smiley:

4 Likes

I could help with music! I can turn lots of acoustic songs into code. If you have any song ideas, just leave a title and I’ll try to find sheet music for it, and then do some magic, like what I did with Cannon and Gigue in D.

3 Likes