Warrior of Lilac Dev-Log

2 Likes

Heres some story a brave teen named Mathew used to live peacefully in Oakville until they got attacked by monsters. He managed to survive but his friends and family didn’t make it. (Or he thought so)

Spoilers

Because the last thing his mother said was to go to lilac and find your father and so he did he ran and made it to Zain (Where the player starts) THis is close to lilac but the road is dangerous so in Zain he meets a Ryder who teaches him how to fight and gives him a ques to fight slimes. He gives him a sword and a 1000 vin (Currency) when he finished his training and wishes him good luck. Soon he finds new monster like orcs or goblin but worst of all trolls. Trolls were huge. Soon he found his way to an abondoned castle filled with ghost that he can only use spells on to fight. He found a new sword and then entered to king’s room with a king skeleton almost as big as a troll but wekear and faster. He manages to beat and find his dad unconscious. More Story coming soon. Pls give Credit and likes thank you

1 Like

Now, about the current game progress . . . I’ve honestly been living around with slack for this ending of Summer Vacation (I got 3 more weeks), but uh- I have really been working on the game . . . But! Unlike what you may think, I’ll be able to work on the game much more often due to being closer to computers then often, “But that’s slacking off on school” you’d be concerned with the amount of free time offered to students.

A demo may not come in the next 2 weeks. Heck, maybe not 4 weeks! But I’m not giving up on this project, this is a tribute to my favorite games and the legacy of RPGs (a bit serious sounding but I’m trying to hype myself and everyone else up)

1 Like

Mods, May the name of this forum page be “Warrior of Lilac Dev-Log”?

It may, indeed.

1 Like

thank ya AlexK

1 Like

It’s Now Out! Demo 1 of WOL is done, Going up to the end of the first dungeon!

After Playing Please submit to the poll if i need to better polish anything up!

  • Improve Graphics! (We are aiming for NES Graphics, Not Groundbreaking)
  • Improve Music! (ill try)
  • Improve Battle! (Give the reason of to why)
  • Everythings good so far!
0 voters
1 Like

First of all, the game is quite fun too play, I can really see the vision. Right now in combat the best thing to do is spam attack, which isn’t very fun, especially when the enemy is just stronger than you and you will die. You could add complexity to this system in many ways, like special moves which cost stamina or items which are expended after use. Good luck making more!

2 Likes

The game is feeling Adventure of Link-esqe and Pokémon combined

1 Like

Is this, even slightly, better for graphics?

3 Likes

it’s quite a bit better now

3 Likes

I’ll be fully honest, I’m making this to understand games more.

But yes, Adventure of Link was a Inspiration for the sprites! (Or at least the over world) And Pokemon is a general Inspiration than a Direct

Rune. The magic is the special moves. Ember is a more powerful attack at the cost of MP. It is planned to get more magic moves over the course of the game (later than soon)

1 Like

The Short Playthrough is out! (its rushed) : https://youtu.be/s5NjoJYTtvQ?si=P5BIadZ9ZECUbKB5

1 Like

Who on the forum actually cares about this project? This honestly feels to me like Generic RPG the game with downgrades. I’m considering ending the project (for the second time), can y’all please tell your blunt opinions on it? :folded_hands:

(Please still put your opinion, poll is for a normal 1-10 rating)

  • 1/10. This is the worst game I’ve played
  • 2/10. This is nearly the worst game I’ve played
  • 3/10. This is a bad game.
  • 4/10. This is a below average game.
  • 5/10. This is a average game
  • 6/10. This is a above average game
  • 7/10. This is a good game.
  • 8/10. This is a good game that I would go out my way to play.
0 voters
2 Likes

I have regained intrest! (for like, the fourth time in a row?) However, I cant not fully decide on the story . . .

Spoilers! Don't click!

So at the end of Demo 1, You face a dragon. This dragon is unnamed at the moment but he launches you out the dungeon and onto another island. Was this a last ditch effort to try killing you? No, He saved you! That Dungeon was falling and crumbling after your battle, had he not send you away, You would’ve been crashed and crushed by the weight of a mountain! why did he do this? well that is for future me to decide (j/ there is a reason that will be covered)
well I am mostly out of ideas for the third dungeon so I will let the audience decide!

  • Make the Third Dungeon A Fake Town
  • Make the Third Dungeon A Snow/Ice Based Puzzle
  • Make the Third Dungeon A Fire/Lava Based Puzzle
  • Make a horrible plot
  • What is that 4th opition
0 voters

How’s the game been going? I’ll be fully honest, not that well, although I want to make more of warrior of lilac, I gotta get set up in school, gimme a week (or sm)

1 Like

Me personally its basically dragon quest

1 Like

I’ll be fully honest, the Trees are a near copy of the ones used in the First Dragon Warrior

how many dungeons seem fit?

  • 5 Dungeons
  • 5 Dungeons With 1 Secret Dungeon
  • 6 Dungeons
  • 6 Dungeons with 1 secret Dungeon
0 voters
3 Likes