YES! but the only thing I think scratch does better than makecode is sounds, and colour.
Block coding has become way too associated with scratch so when people see a platform with block coding they automatically assume it’s a scratch ripoff
Well… I forgot.
But it happens to me so I’m assuming it was lowered.
Really? I think it’s easier to animate with Scratch. MakeCode doesn’t even have a reshape tool, so it can be hard to make unique shapes. Also, limited colors and no gradient option. And you can’t select individual objects.
But with Scratch, you do have to set up a bunch of blocks, unlike MakeCode where it’s one animation block, so I’ll give them that.
I mean, can you really make this with Makecode?
probably ye
i think it maybe is , but makecode’s something is better than scratch(such as python or js),and if you use codemao , you can feel codemao just a trash!
could also be because when scratch came out there was nothing really like that when make code came out well the first famous one SCRATCH came to mind and Pepole thought knock off and also probably because scratch left a mark on Pepole as this was cool
I feel like makecode is more like a programing language but in blocks, while scratch is more like a game engine. But makecode is much better in my opinion as you have much more freedom and more things that just arent possible with scratch, things like saving an image to a variable, returning values from functions and other. The only real limitation are the 16 colors.
I’d argue scratch is just a game engine and MakeCode is both a game engine and a programming language to some extent it uses a limited version of typescript with custom preprogrammed code bitd
A very very common complaint in the MakeCode field, but you gotta understand that limits spark creativity.
there both engines but makecode has js/py, other than that I agree
yeah, I dare you to make a walkable platform on scratch, HOW
on makecode you just wall the tiles
Well the point is that you have to program it from scratch
actually scratch is named after the way DJs scratch records. that’s also why editing shared projects is called “remixing”
NEVER DO THAT AGAIN
YOU CAN’T STOP ME!!!
AHH HA HA HA HA HA ha ha he he he he he he he he he he he...........
Ive made some before.
you must REALLY be uneducated on Scratch
if you guys are gonna talk on this atleast know what you’re talking about
k guys we need to calm down on the aggression @spike I know your a scratch user but @TommyPatrick might just have not know the strat
