give me regular badge lol
im a regular on the forums doesn’t that count
exactly, thats what im saying.
I know I don’t deserve it, but I want it
you all are frequent users and deserve regular how have they not given it to you?
idk. ask them
The description for how to get the badge fits many of the frequent forum visitors.
Unfortunately, higher trust levels get permissions to do more things in a way that we were not able to disallow / turn off (I believe the main ones were it starts allowing direct messages and automatically approving posts at a certain threshold), so we are not able to make those attainable while keeping our current moderation / safety mechanisms.
As quoted by this official Discourse blog entry, the requirements for trust level 3 are:
To get to trust level 3, in the last 100 days…
- Must have visited at least 50% of days
- Must have replied to at least 10 different non-PM topics
- Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500)
- Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k)
- Must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.*
- Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
- Must not have been suspended or silenced in the last 6 months
*These likes must be across a minimum number of different users (1/5 the number), across a minimum number of different days (1/4 the number). Likes cannot be from PMs.
Additionally, the trust level can be lost if the requirements are not sufficiently met in the next 100 days.
Regardless, like @jwunderl said, Regular users have higher permssions likewise to those with the “leader” badge. For that reason it’s impossible to grant this badge without breaking safety
Users at trust level 3 can…
- Recategorize and rename topics
- Access a secure category only visible to users at trust level 3 and higher
- Have all their links followed (we remove automatic nofollow)
- TL3 spam flags cast on TL0 user posts immediately hide the post
- TL3 flags cast on TL0 user posts in sufficient diversity will auto-silence the user and hide all their posts
- Make their own posts wiki (that is, editable by any TL1+ users)
- Daily like, edit, and flag limits increased by 2×
pretty sure i did all of those. cant confirm tho
Like I said, requirements or not you can’t get the badge