.zip help needed

Hello. Is there anyway that would allow me to download a MakeCode Arcade game as a .zip file (chromebook) ? I need this for itch.io. Another question, when embedding a game in itch.io, is there anyway I can change the onscreen simulators color? Also can I have the more rectangular/longer version of the simulator instead of the squarish version when browser embedding in itch.io?

Unfortunately, no. The only way you can play a Makecode arcade game is to pubish it and access it trough the given link.

1 Like

Or you could embed the simulator in another page. Or use GitHub pages.

No, you can browser embed the games. Look in the documentation

Turns out you can download makecode games as .zip. Save the game via github, open the github repo for that game, and there is an option to download it as a .zip.

But then you just downloaded the code. You would probably have to run a server or something like that…

1 Like

If you use itch.io like me, when uploading the game, you just need to upload the .zip file without any modifications. The set the game type to html. viola. Its very simple

1 Like

Really? Does it work? I don’t think so, but I’m could be wrong…

1 Like

Yea. This is a basic prototype for a game I’m working on and I tried putting it on itch.io: https://webheadgames.itch.io/test

1 Like