Zoom Extension

I finally finished the zoom extension, which allows you to zoom in (and out, with the outside just being black) the screen! Also, thanks to Richard for helping with some debugging in this topic. This could be used to make some cool effects, as well as zoom in when action in your game gets intense! Also, gradual zoom effects will be added soon!

Here’s the link:
kiwiphoenix364/pxt-zooom
Type this into the search bar at the top of the extensions page and click the extension!

5 Likes

MY new fav extension
download (3)

4 Likes

your link doesn’t work fir me

1 Like

Sorry, I misspelled it, do “kiwiphoenix364/pxt-zoom” (with 2 O’s in zoom instead of 3)

Link to get page

2 Likes

Oh, Thanks

1 Like

could you post an example on this extension please i dont quite understand how to use it

2 Likes

Can you make it possible to zoom out. When I tried using minus 2 the screen went upside down

1 Like

You can zoom out if you set the zoom to a decimal number (<1), so 0.5 would make it half the size! My code uses the screen image though, so there will be black around the sides.

1 Like

@Lucas_M Is it possible to send the link of your new favorite extension to me? The one where there are mini lives attached to the sprite? Thanks!! :grin:

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like

for me it only zooms in for half a second or glitches

1 Like

Basically, the number controls how big each pixel gets (e.g. if you set it to 2, each pixel becomes a 2x2 pixel, zooming into the center of the screen.) If you put a variable for the zoom value and run it on game update, you can change that variable slowly for smooth zooming! I also have a demo where pressing up/down will change how zoomed in the screen is!

I hope this explains it well enough!

But that doesn’t help me. I’m trying to zoom out the view so I can see more at once

1 Like

You have to use the new block in on game update, then, I recommend having a variable in the block, so you don’t have to have if statements in on game update, and so you can easily change the zoom gradually. I hope this helps!

Well the mini live were coded into the game three brave cats 2 witch is a game I am working on
right now

2 Likes

This extension doesn’t access/change the renderer, just the screen buffer after the screen has been rendered. If you want more tiles on screen, I recommend using 8x8 tilemaps, then zoom more if you want it to be bigger.

1 Like

This extension just resizes the screen image, it does not change the zoom of the camera. (which is different) You could get a similar result as @Kiwiphoenix364 by making all your sprites and tilemaps 2x smaller, and do 2x when you want “1x” size.

2 Likes

@Lucas_M Oh ok! It’s great to hear that Three Brave Cats 2 might be coming out soon. I loved the first one!!

I’m trying to make the super Mario bros game but the original game has a much bigger wiew