2 player bartop project with kids

Had a ton of fun building this with a bunch of middle schoolers. Running raspberry pi with makecode arcade. We’ve already had quite a few gems gamewise from the students. I will try and post some of them with their permission.

13 Likes

Looks amazing !

1 Like

Wow it’s fantastic! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Do you have blueprints? We should start gathering designs and share building tips!

1 Like

Thanks everyone. I have design files for 1/2" wood. It’s all in SVG because we cut the parts by CNC. Let me see if I can post a parts list. It uses the slightly smaller snap in buttons that are common in a lot of the Chinese joystick and buttons kits you can source on Amazon and eBay.

It might take me a few days but I’ll come back to this thread. I’m also almost done with a second one in a Fix it Felix theme. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s awesome! We’ll link it from https://arcade.makecode.com/hardware/raspberry-pi !

3 Likes

Looks incredible!

1 Like

I absolutely love this! When MakeCode Arcade was first announced a little over a year ago, this was one of the first things that I envisioned: Being able to build an arcade machine and write games to play on it. So glad to see so much creativity in this community!

2 Likes

I’ve looking at the simplest way to build an arcade cabinet… I need to revisit the cardboard version now.

Also if your school has a shop class, consider working with the shop teacher to build arcades for you. It is a great exercise in cabinetry techniques.

2 Likes

This bartop is really great. Love it !

1 Like

cool! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Inspired!

1 Like

Just about done with the second one. I worked with a teacher and his classroom to build one for his room and then I made a second so that I could house it in the school library to showcase student work. Here is a shared folder that I’m dumping all of my project files into. If anyone wanted to take a stab at building using my files I’m more than happy to field questions since documenting isn’t always my forte.

7 Likes

We need to find a better place to store those. Are you on github?

Love the 00000000001 serial number :smile:

3 Likes

I’ll see what I can do.

GitHub pages are a convinient way to turn a repo into a web site --> https://pages.github.com/ . Ping me if you need help with the setup.

1 Like
1 Like

Rename “part list.txt” into “README.md” and enable pages into the settings… that should get you a long way.

1 Like

Sure, I’d love that. Let me know how to support that.