Microsoft MakeCode

[Announcement] MakeCode Mini Game Jam #1 - Pigeon: Deliverance

Hey folks!

We’re happy to announce that the first ever MakeCode Arcade mini game jam is going to be a level design jam!

That’s right, instead of making a game from scratch, you have to make a level for a game that we give you!

The Game

The game we’ll be customizing is “Pigeon: Deliverance”! This game is an obby-style platformer made to be speedrun!

I’ll be posting a more-detailed level building guide with tips and tricks this afternoon.

And stay tuned for later today, at 1:00 PM PDT we’ll be making a level from scratch on the MakeCode Arcade Advanced livestream. You can watch it live at twitch.tv/msmakecode! Afterwards, it will be available on YouTube (and I’ll post the link here).

Rules

1. Games should be built in MakeCode Arcade and use the base game that we provide
  2. You can customize the base game, but it must be recognizable as the same game. Switching out art and characters is totally fine!
  3. Keep the games PG: no NSFW, offensive, or excessively violent content.
  4. You must be at least 9 years old to participate.
  5. All games must be submitted by someone who is at least 13 years old. Younger students are welcome to participate, but it must be in partnership with an adult and with parent permission.

To submit your levels, we’ll be creating a special forum thread. You have one week to enter! The jam will close at 11:59 PM PDT on Monday, September 27th

12 Likes

My level : A level where it has a line of planes side-by-side. But don’t spam a. Timing is key :old_key:

2 Likes

I died SO many times trying this…

3 Likes

The timing is key!

2 Likes

Here is a sink peek at my levels

Note that after I finish this I will go back to dragon masters

4 Likes

I have homework to do at the moment, but I’ll try to do something! (its quarter to 6pm at my time so I should be OK).

That looks fun!

are you allowed to add custom code (enemies, new platforms etc.), or is it just custom textures/level design?

1 Like

@Kiwiphoenix364 yep! go for it!

1 Like

Guys be prepared for a rage 3rd level and a boss battle for fourth (not sure yet about the boss battle, defo gonna do the rage level though).

1 Like

Duly noted

1 Like

Can I submit two different games/levels? I have two students who want to submit levels, but they can’t collaborate due to scheduling.

@GoMustangs sure thing!

I’d like to see a Super Mario Bros 1-1 remake in Pigeon: Deliverance, but I won’t do that, I have a different idea for what to do, but I won’t tell it yet so it doesn’t get stolen lol.

1 Like

My game has many many terrain Glitches it is in Beta

Sorry guys, only the third level will be published, considering that there are only 4 more days to enter.
Btw, here’s a sneak peek at my rage level so far…

Have Fun!

That is way to hard and I can’t speed run the first level.

But I still like it