We’re happy to announce that the first ever MakeCode Arcade mini game jam is going to be a level design jam!
That’s right, instead of making a game from scratch, you have to make a level for a game that we give you!
The game we’ll be customizing is “Pigeon: Deliverance”! This game is an obby-style platformer made to be speedrun!
I’ll be posting a more-detailed level building guide with tips and tricks this afternoon.
And stay tuned for later today, at 1:00 PM PDT we’ll be making a level from scratch on the MakeCode Arcade Advanced livestream. You can watch it live at twitch.tv/msmakecode! Afterwards, it will be available on YouTube (and I’ll post the link here).
- Games should be built in MakeCode Arcade and use the base game that we provide
- You can customize the base game, but it must be recognizable as the same game. Switching out art and characters is totally fine!
- Keep the games PG: no NSFW, offensive, or excessively violent content.
- You must be at least 9 years old to participate.
- All games must be submitted by someone who is at least 13 years old. Younger students are welcome to participate, but it must be in partnership with an adult and with parent permission.
To submit your levels, we’ll be creating a special forum thread. You have one week to enter! The jam will close at 11:59 PM PDT on Monday, September 27th