[Announcement] Vote on the theme for MakeCode's end of 2020 game jam!

Can I cook a fish? Does that count? You can catch fish with chance, not skill.

3 Likes

Maybe a shark is a chef and the shark owns an underwater restaurant for marine animals? (and cooks fish of course)

3 Likes

Great idea but they can’t use fishing rods.

1 Like

We can finish a game we’re in progress of and submit that as long as it’s in theme, right?

1 Like

Was there a date already set for when the games need to be submitted by?

@GameGod We will put up a landing page with general information, rules, and submission links sometime this week! Submissions will open in early December :slight_smile:

@UnderwaterAstronaut Sure! We prefer you submit games that were made for the gamejam (not just a game you have already completed that happen to fit), but if it’s one that’s still in progress that’s totally fine.

@cosmoscowboy We haven’t posted official dates yet, but (unofficially) we’re aiming for it to run from Dec 1st to 11th.

4 Likes

Can I make a cooking game that happens to be with fish. You still go fishing to catch a fish you want.

Yes, definitely! :smiley: A game with fish in it counts as ocean-themed

1 Like

Would a game heavily focused on an aquarium count? It’s not really an ocean but it is water…

1 Like

Thanks @shakao.

1 Like

Mine is about the sea

Haha yeah, I think an aquarium also works! We will be pretty generous with the theme, as long as it seems like the game developer was trying to keep it on-topic :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Maybe it should be called the “Water Jam” instead of the “Ocean Jam” because that would include like my aquarium or lakes or ponds or streams.

But Ocean Jam sounds better. :thinking:

4 Likes

As soon as I read

I thought of watered-down jam- lol I’m dumb

5 Likes

This is barely even done. I hope I can finish it before the jam is over

3 Likes

I’ve been forced into text mode because of a bug in the editor setting numbers to some other type. :persevere: But it’s been very fun and very fast. Commiting takes 10 seconds instead of 2 minutes!

4 Likes

Me too. @richard, when is the next vote? Can one of the options be a spy game?

We don’t have a planned date yet, but we’ll hopefully have a better idea once we do the round up for the ocean jam. That will probably happen sometime in early January when the holidays are all wrapped up

1 Like

I wish I could be a game jam winner

1 Like

You could DEFINETLY become one, you just need to try.
If you don’t win, try again in the next game jam

1 Like