[Announcement] Vote on the theme for MakeCode's end of 2020 game jam!

Hey folks,

We’re going to be doing another game jam soon and we wanted to give our community a chance to help us decide what the next theme will be! We’ve prepared five options for you to vote on:

• Winter Jam: games set in winter. This could be anything from a sledding game to a game about making the perfect batch of cocoa.
  • Mountain Jam: games about mountains. Climbing, painting, and yodeling are all fair game.
  • Ocean Jam: games set in the ocean. Make a game where you embody a deep sea explorer, surf radical waves, or go fishing!
  • Cosmic Jam: games in and about outer space! For example, land a rocket on a moon, defend the earth from aliens, or depict life on a lonely asteroid.
  • Luck Jam: games about luck or twists of fate. This jam is about making games with coin flips, randomly generated maps, or anything else having to do with chance
  • Winter Jam
  • Mountain Jam
  • Ocean Jam
  • Cosmic Jam
  • Luck Jam

0 voters

This poll will stay open until 11:59 AM on Friday (November 13th)

Also check out our past games jams: 5 Second Jam, One Room Jam, Garden Jam, and Traffic Jam

5 Likes

I can’t wait! I know what I want!

2 Likes

I wanna have ocean jam plss

1 Like

This is going to be soooooo cool

1 Like

Yesssss ocean jam for the win! (Sadly, it isn’t winning right now :pensive:)

2 Likes

I agree with the voting, pick Ocean Jam. With my vote it is now equal at 47 %.
There are plenty of tutorial games containing spaceships :speak_no_evil: :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

What happens if there is a tie between the options? Flip a coin?

@UnsignedArduino we mash the two themes together: cosmic ocean jam!

(yeah probably we’ll just flip a coin)

5 Likes

I am fine with anything. I have a game in mind that works for both (just have to change the art)

3 Likes

Same! Great minds think alike. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

When you flip the coin, you should stream it on twitch. LOL. (seriously, I want to see the coin flip.)

4 Likes

Ocean jam for the win

3 Likes

Vote ocean jam
I saw someone voting

3 Likes

I can’t stop thinking about this!!!

1 Like

Wow!!! Another Jam, Great!!!

6 Likes

You have convinced me. Changed my vote.

4 Likes